Are you a food-lover and a change-maker? If you are, we are looking for someone just like you!
The Picha Project is a social enterprise that aims to empower marginalised groups in Malaysia to be more self-sustainable by providing them a platform to cater food to the public. We run a food catering business where all meals on our menu are prepared by refugee families to generate income for their family.
As The Picha Project is growing, we seek talented and passionate individuals who aren’t afraid to tackle big projects to join us in building up this social enterprise. As an intern you will get to work closely with the co-founders, while brainstorming and executing plans that will help us grow.
What You Will Gain:
- Planning and executing marketing plan.
- Relationship building with our followers and customers by maintaining Facebook and other media accounts.
- Expanding network and meeting individuals from different companies and startups.
- Gaining insight to what goes on behind the scenes and understanding every aspect of the business.
- Designing necessary materials (Menu, posters, etc)
- Trying traditional cuisines from different cultures (for free!)
- We are going to be honest, you’ll probably have to do a lot more than what we have stated, but we will learn together in this journey as we grow the business and create significant impact to the families.
- Because you are our very first intern, we will be extra nice to you (we are very very nice people, no joke).
What We Require:
- Undergraduates/Graduates (Preferably with background in Marketing, Communication, Design or Business).
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite Office.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritise time-sensitive tasks.
- Familiarity with social networking sites (Facebook, Instagram, Blog).
- Passionate and willing to learn.
- Interest in social entrepreneurship and community development.
If you think you are the one that we are looking for, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org! You might just be the one who will help The Picha Project to create a bigger impact to the refugee community!
For more enquiries, please call Swee Lin at 017-6125029.